You know I’m old in some ways – in others – well, I’m just a little girl.
I like sunshine and pretty things and cheerfulness – and I dread responsibility.
– This side of paradise –
F. Scott Fitzgerald
It’s my birthday!
Do I feel like a new skin is upon me? No.
I still feel the same 😭😭
I thought I’d have some sparkle to my skin when I stepped out into the sun today like Edward Cullen had but nooooooo – don’t believe everything you watch.
Now, let me adopt the bandwagon technique of telling you 18 things being 18 taught me:
Being 18 taught me that:
– God is good.
– Things really do happen at a set time.
– Opportunity does not come but once.
– No one is truly ahead of you for the end point of all men is death.
– Ugly does not exist. The inability to recognize and appreciate beauty is what exists.
– There is no such thing as “late” because even the dead we refer to as late got to the afterlife on time.
– You cannot hurry love, neither can you pursue it. It will come to you. It’s hovering over you, apostou need to do is be ready enough to accept it.
– Pizza settles late night/early morning hunger. Don’t mind what they say, it’s not bad for your health. There’s already a standing rule – Too much of everything is bad – to discipline yourself is what you need to learn.
– Real friends are not always determined by the number of years you’ve known them.
– Communication is key. You could miss out on a lot all because of “I can’t talk to/approach him/her”.
– Respect is reciprocal. Just because you are a 30 years or less older than a person does not mean you’re the only one who deserves to be respect. You give what you wish to receive.
– Family over everyone else. Some friends become family. The day to day interaction with them rids every negativity.
– Blogging is a whole lot of work.
– Freedom of expression is not something someone can fight for, for you. It is something you have to fight for, for yourself.
– Acceptance is not by force. Not everyone will accept you or what you do but you should not feel angry or sad because in some other ways you also will not accept someone or what they do.
– People will dislike you because you are loved by those they love or by those they wish to love them but the ability to ignore bad vibes and focus on the love is all you need to hold on to.
– Do what lies easiest to your hands. Don’t try doing what you’re not naturally equipped for. We all have our talents, strengths and weaknesses.
– Be happy for a merry heart doeth good like a medicine but a broken spirit drieth up the bones. Associate yourself with things that make you happy and bring you peace. Do what interests you.
And now I am 19. I wonder what being 19 will teach me. I hope it will be a beautiful year. I thank God that I’m 19.
Happy new year to me and happy birthday to me.
I’m writing this post from school and although I spent about half of my day in school – Monday!!! Of all the days lol I’m still very much excited because my birthday always brings me a kind of joy I can’t explain.
So “If you’re thinkin’ you’re too cool to boogie
Boy oh boy have I got news for you
Everybody here tonight must boogie
Let me tell ya, you are no exception to the rule
Get on up, on the floor
‘Cause were gonna boogie oogie oogie
‘Till you just can’t boogie no more
Ah boogie, boogie no more
You can’t boogie no more
Ah boogie, boogie no more” because…
IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!